Healthy Girls Save The World, Inc. is seeking an experienced graduate assistant to aid in program design, implementation and evaluation for the 2017-2018 school year. Healthy Girls Save The World is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting its three pillars: healthy minds, bodies, and relationships for middle school girls in North Carolina. Since the inception of the program in 2011, HGSW has believed that every girl deserves a positive space in her community where she is encouraged to learn what it means to be healthy on the inside and out, as well as given the resources to do so. Our team works to organize afterschool programs and summer camps on UNC Chapel Hill's campus to foster the development of healthy habits related to proper nutrition, physical activity, and overall healthy lifestyles for girls.
Title: Graduate Assistant (Part-time Temp)
Hiring Manager: Camille McGirt
Work Hours: 12-15 hours/wk.
This is a PAID position.
- Assist in program design and implementation for Healthy Girls Save The World for the 2017-2018 year.
- Collaborate with the existing HGSW chapter on UNC Chapel Hill’s campus to implement HGSW Afterschool – a new program created in hopes of extending HGSW’s reach to surrounding areas.
- Aid in planning and program design the 3-week, 2018 HGSW Summer Experience.
- Assist with HGSW chapter replication efforts at North Carolina Central University and Duke University, both located in Durham, NC.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Must currently withhold a bachelor’s degree and be currently enrolled in a graduate school program to obtain a master’s degree.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office preferred.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as have the ability to stay organized with the capacity to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong initiative to ensure work products and solutions that are on time and to a high level.
- Must understand and be sensitive to diversity and cultural differences – must have the ability to work effectively within diverse circumstances.
- Ability to communicate results and work progress when requested by co-founder of HGSW, Camille McGirt.
Please apply using the link above and submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 reference contacts (name, position, relationship, phone and email) to hiring manager, Camille McGirt at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 18, 2017. Selected applicants must be available to interview in-person on Sunday, September 24, 2017 for a 30 minute interval between 10:30AM-2:00PM.